Software > Vixen+

Vixen+

<< < (3/5) > >>

macebobo:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHi. Installed your new Vixen+ and tried it. I like the UI, just like the UI of Vixen 2.1.

I'd like to ask if you can open vix 2.1 files and edit it in Vixen+. I have  tried it but to no avail.Vixen+ always crashes.

Thanks for considering if this will be possible.

--- End quote ---

Could you e-mail me the crash.log file, your profile and sequence.  It should open, but it sounds like there may be an issue with something.  My email is john at rosefish dot com.

Thanks.

jnealand:
I also have tried opening some old sequences so I could start updating them, but I have been getting crashes due to plugin compatibility and so far have not even been able to get into profile management to clean everything out.  Maybe I need to reopen the sequence in Vixen 2.1 and eliminate all plugin references.  Anyway at this rate I about to give up and keep using 2.1.

macebobo:
You are certainly welcome to do that, however, if I know which plug-ins you need, that will help guide the direction of where I spend my time working on the software.

Just a reminder, this is beta software and as such is, by definition, incomplete.  I am sorry you're having issues with it, but I try to be available to help folks when I become aware of the problems folks are having.

-- John

fslopez1950:
Sorry I was wrong in describing what happened when I opened the vix file. Actually it opened but there was no channels shown. When i tried to play the audio it crashes.

I've attached the files you're asking and hope this will help you in analyzing the problem.

Thanks, Fernando

macebobo:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginSorry I was wrong in describing what happened when I opened the vix file. Actually it opened but there was no channels shown. When i tried to play the audio it crashes.

I've attached the files you're asking and hope this will help you in analyzing the problem.

Thanks, Fernando

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the files Fernando.  It looks like your sequence is attached to your Xmas 2012 new.pro profile and not the test1.pro you've attached.

As for the audio causing an error, I have seen this in a Virtual Environment where you have Windows on a Linux host.  Is this true in your case?  What we found was the client extensions on the Virtual Machine were causing the audio library to return an incorrect value and causing the error.  (I am suspicious of this in your case because it should not cause the crash as we put a patch in the .245 version you're using.)  Therefore, could you tell me what type of system (XP, Windows 7/8, etc) you're running this?

BTW, I fixed the reference to the test1.pro profile and now you should see colors and such.

-- John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version