Hardware > Lynx (Old Hardware)

Dongle and Lynx are conspiring against me! Solved: dongle faulty.

<< < (3/9) > >>

wbuehler:
John

Do you have a Lynx DMX Splitter?
If you have one of these kits can you do me a favor and place the splitter between the Dongle and the Lynx.  I had some odd issues start on my Lynx until I ran it from a splitter.

Bill

bittrix:
If it's a slower PC, you could be having a timing problem with the port driver. Try doubling the buffer  in the driver's advanced settings (also try halving it). Also try setting your windows scheduling priority to favor "background services". The port driver is an "extra" layer between your USB port hardware, the windows USB system driver and your application...

You may also have better luck with the newest driver. It's not WHQL, but may have better timing...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ThaiWay:
Bill, you're the one doing me a favor.  Yes, I have a Splitter, so I inserted it between the Dongle and the Lynx.  The sequence has been running for a lucky 7 minutes already.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

The previous run last night lasted about 45 minutes before I got the "Access" error and went to sleep.

bittrix... it's a new PC with an Intel E2180 processor... but thanks.  I'll keep your advice in mind.

Maybe now I can get back to construction and building controllers

John

ThaiWay:
Oh well... the sequence ran 14 minutes and then:  "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

John

wbuehler:
mmmmmmm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version