Hardware > Lynx Smart String

Updated mod for SSC

<< < (3/9) > >>

tbone321:
Also remember that the image of the jumper wire is from the front of the board and when you actually make the connection on the back of the board that you are connecting to the opposit side from the picture.

taybrynn:
Does this look like a viable 330 replacement from radio shack?  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mokeefe:
Just a suggestion, but you may want to reword the second sentence in the mod instructions. It says "this mod was designed to be totally on the top of the PCB...".  At first I thought you meant only the front side of the board but then I realized in the first mod the changes were all in the "top" quarter of the board (front and back).  With the newest mod, you'll need to get to about three quarters of the board to make the changes.  Still doable with the PVC tubing in place if your pigtails or 3 conductor cables are long enough.  Just want to avoid any confusion or ambiguity.

-Mike

mokeefe:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginDoes this look like a viable 330 replacement from radio shack?  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

--- End quote ---

Personally I'd go with a resistor towards the lower end of the range.  Radio Shack also sells 220 ohm resistors in stores (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  The lower value will give you a little more drive current on the data line while not hitting the limits of the PIC and could help with any "marginal" LED strings.  This is only a suggestion and in all likelihood the SSC will perform flawlessly with the 330 ohm value.

-Mike

fyb2000:
Thank you mike, definitely sounds like a firmware snafu, and I will get the correct one as soon as I am home. I am glad I included the checksum in my initial post, as this definitely helps in tracking down user error. I will try to edit my post to remove the bad checksum I wrote in there as to not confuse anyone else.
I personally work better with PIN number rather that images to inverse, that's why I mentioned pin15 of the pic in one of my other post. It's pin 15 no matter which side of the PCB you are looking at. It's easier for me, I understand if its not for others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version