Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

Yet another HELP me with Etherdongle thread.

<< < (3/5) > >>

KevinHolme:
Thanks for sticking with me.

I have tried that in my desperation.  I get everything set, and then the connection fails.

tbone321:
Are you powering the ETD while attempting to flash it?

KevinHolme:
Yes .

Ok I managed to flash with the stand alone ver3 after I added the data file as on the wiki.

But I still have no lights.

The orange light on the magjack blinks slowly and randomly when the show is not running, and becomes fully solid on when the show is running, I am thinking that it is getting the signals.

tbone321:
The ETD is seeing a signal but it might not be getting what it needs.  I would try downloading XLights and use it as a test to see if the ETD and the rest of the system is working.  What version SSC are you using?  The problem could be a blown fuse on the hub, a bad controller, a bad node in the string.  If your SSC version has test firmware, I would start with that and make sure that the string and SSC are functioning.  I would start debugging from the string getting power and work backwards from there.

KevinHolme:
I have ssc v4 so no test firmware that I know of. But it did get me thinking about other tests. I tried using the ether dongle to program the start address of a ss and it did not flash, no output at all.

Is there any way to test these? or is it just works or dont.?

I think I have the components for another one, so I could replace anything, just dont know where to start.

Someone put one up for sale today, keep my fingers crossed for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version