Author Topic: Easy song to sequence to  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Raptorman670

Easy song to sequence to
« on: November 12, 2012, »
Hi guys I have just finished sequencing carol of the bells,the song was long 2:24 took a little while to do. My question is can I get some songs suggestions from you guys that might be shorter songs to sequence to? I have only another week to get one done would like to have at least two songs to run in my show. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Offline injury

Re: Easy song to sequence to
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, »
Maybe a slow song and go for more dramatic effect? Something like O Holy Night (I'm doing one version of that)? Time wise it's a bit longer however most of the notes in slow songs are longer so less work.

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, »
I'm looking at our Christmas library sorted by length (I work in radio).  I'm not sure what you're looking for...

Short instrumental songs:
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Mannheim Steamroller (1:39)
Deck The Halls - Mantovani (1:55)
Happy Holiday - Percy Faith (1:55)

Short vocal songs:
Hark! The Herald Angel Sings - Nat King Cole (1:47)
Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis (1:53)
Let It Snow - Dean Martin (1:55)

I've found myself editing versions of songs I want to use just because it can be tedious or overwhelming to sequence the whole thing - especially with the RGB components I added this year.  In many cases I can cut a minute or so by elimnating some of the "solos" on instrumental songs.  I use Cool Edit Pro and Sonar for that process.  The key to cutting stuff out is to find places in the song where things are similar and then cut what's in-between.  (That's my VERY basic philosophy on how I do it.)

Good Luck!

Steve
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rogelio

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, »
I really like "Do You Hear What I Hear" by Martina McBride. 
Roy

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, »
i did frosty the snow man, the version i have is only 48 seconds long. nice and easy back and forth color changing sequence is what i did for it.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline injury

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, »
You could also probably find an old version of 12 days of Christmas that is pretty standard. Lots of repetition in that song so copy and pasting would work.

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, »
Joy to the World is one of the easiest I ever did  by Relaxing Songs Music from ( Amazon.com 1:17 long music only)

Offline barbotte

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, »
easiest song i ever do what actualy my son thaat did it ... 30 minute lol .. Deck the hall ..
you can check it ou as you can see it was easy he just used ramdom everytwhere ..except few area
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
cheer

Offline kjam22

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, »
I will typically use a music editor to shorten up my songs.  If a song goes through multiple choruses, I will try it cut it down.  I shoot for around 1 to 1:30 so the song doesn't get boring. 

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, »
Hi guys I have just finished sequencing carol of the bells,the song was long 2:24 took a little while to do. My question is can I get some songs suggestions from you guys that might be shorter songs to sequence to? I have only another week to get one done would like to have at least two songs to run in my show. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

on the nutcracker site we have a poll to see what songs people are using in their displays. I have used this to get ideas of songs to use.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, »
easiest song i ever do what actualy my son thaat did it ... 30 minute lol .. Deck the hall ..
you can check it ou as you can see it was easy he just used ramdom everytwhere ..except few area
cheer
Who is the artist on this song? Dean Martin? I would like to use it for 2013. Thanks

Offline barbotte

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, »
cheer
Who is the artist on this song? Dean Martin? I would like to use it for 2013. Thanks
it said nat king cole from allbum 101 christmas song if you cannot find it let me know i will send it to you
cheer

Offline urthegman

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, »
cheer
it said nat king cole from allbum 101 christmas song if you cannot find it let me know i will send it to you
cheer
Now that you mention it, it DOES sound like Nat King Cole,Thanks!