Author Topic: Into the vault: the operation to rescue Manhattan's drowned internet  (Read 734 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Check out these photos of the cables damaged by the storm Sandy.  Pretty amazing.  I will never complain about having to splice smart strings again.

Offline meman

Pretty cool article. Thanks for sharing.

Offline winwin

Nice pictures and interesting article. Thanks for sharing.
AL.

Offline NewfieGuy

wow.  That's nuts.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
The sad thing about this is most of our infrastructure looks like this, a rats nest.  Amazes me we don't have more problems than we do.

Good for Verizon though taking the opportunity to do it right even though they may not like it now or their customers everyone will be much happier in the end.

Offline NewfieGuy

I think pictures like this should be automatically sent to all verizon customers so they know what the company's dealing with!   Most customers don't understand how much work is involved.  If they could see what the tech's have to do to fix their internet they'll probably be a bit more understanding about why it taking so long to repair.

More companies need to be transparent and open with stuff like this.   I know I would have a lot more patience during an outage if I had to see that's what they're working on! :-)

Shannon

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Exactly I would just sit back and knowing they are doing the right thing.  Then again being in IT I know about people I wished I could reach through the phone and smack.