Author Topic: finally live  (Read 774 times)

Offline therealbigjim

finally live
« on: December 07, 2012, »
It seems like to took me two weeks to put up my show....it did really. it was no bigger then last year and almost no changes. Last year it took part of 4 days..... old age is at a full sprint running me down :o
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: finally live
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, »
Lots of work and now, enjoy the show <pop..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, »
Congrats Jim

I was also thinking this year it seems to take more effort on my part and longer

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, »
Two weeks?   I took us almost five weeks.  Well I guess I didn't work every night but it sure felt like it.  And yes it does get harder every year for some reason.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, »
Almost three weeks for me. It was stressful for me, I must say. A lot of new RGB stuff took way longer than I expected.

Offline meman

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, »
I agree...something is different this year, it is really taking a long time to get up and running,. I spent two solid weeks working til 3am in the yard like an Elf and just now getting to the point where its up and running and I can take a day off before starting in on the sequence modifications. I always seem to have a "great idea" while setting up that changes channels around or adds a bunch more. Got piles of RGB strips, hubs, SSCs & DSCs  that I simply lost any hope of adding this year. Totally out of time.

Mike E.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, »
I hear ya Jim.  Kinda bizarre to see others saying the same thing, but totally agree it was not easy this year.  Happy I just continued to pushed through. 

Steve, you got it, the rgb stuff was a bear and time consuming...  It's all running well now but a month ago there were days where I was gonna scrap the whole shebang.  I was beginning to think I was too "dumb" for "smart" strings...

Pulled up home today with some kids of the neighborhood hanging out in front of the house.  I am starting to see some of the work finally pay off...   8)
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."