Author Topic: coffee pot  (Read 726 times)

Offline shaunkad

coffee pot
« on: December 22, 2012, »
Ok so my coffee pot is making me very angry it has a timer that shuts off after two hour.  I have a great travel cup that I drink from and it takes about two hour to finish. then I want more and the darn thing is off. Any suggestions on how to adjust the timmer four hours would be great.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: coffee pot
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, »
I just turn my off and back on and get a second 2 hour stretch.  Mine also has a mode that will show the elapsed time from when it was turned on so I know about when it is going to go off.  Earlier this year mine failed and I took it apart to see what might have happened and if I could fix it.  there is a circuit board inside, but for me a very large cap had blown and coated the whole circuit board with gunk.  I just went out and bought a new pot.  It seems like the days of fixing things ourselves are over.  Nothing is designed to be fixed anymore.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, »
Yes I do not wish to fix it I wish to hack it I thinkthe cap is the timer. I should be able to change a resistor to slow down the fill of the cap.

Offline DonFL

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, »
If its that long a duration, doesn't sound like its an RC kind of thing. Maybe a pic with firmware that dictates a 2 hours on time?

My old school incredibly reliable can't live without it no longer made capresso machine has a two hour limit for the heater element, just turn it off and on for another 2 hours.