Author Topic: THANK YOU DLA  (Read 974 times)

Offline royce

THANK YOU DLA
« on: December 31, 2012, »

This was my first year and my dw. Started with 112 channels and about 13000 lights and 2500' of extension cord. All the equipment  performed great, after i stopped messing with it. Thanks RJ for all you do for us and all the coop mangers. Also  thanks to everyone else for the information  that you gave to me (i didn't have a clue what to do year ago). Wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR and may you lights glow bright. Now it's time to learn ss and  build a mega tree using the nutcracker. Guess I'll need to work some overtime to support this habit or join AAA. >.d9 <pop..

Offline UncleBuck

Re: THANK YOU DLA
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, »
+1 - First year using 128 channels and over 20k lights. Everything worked great except for 2 bad triac's. Now I get to figure out how to desolder.  <fp.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
+1 - First year using 128 channels and over 20k lights. Everything worked great except for 2 bad triac's. Now I get to figure out how to desolder.  <fp.

If you don't have one. Go to Radio Shack and get their desolder iron about $13 and worth every penny

For a triac, cut the body from the leads and then use the desolder iron to remove the solder and leads from the pcb. if needed clean the holes and then attach the new triac and solder in place. Easy as pie (after you get the hang of it)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, »
here here! first year as well with 192 channels dmx, 1686 pixel channels, just under 20,000 leds. 15 minute show with 6 songs. i too was clueless a year ago, first week of working with vixen, i just stared at the screen wondering were to start! lol. thanks RJ for his dedication, thanks RROWAN for being the WIki master.

uncle buck, thanks for the snowflake thread you started. my flakes have been the one thing people talk the most about.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, »
I tried without the radio shack tool and failed. Bought one today and will hive it a shot tomorrow. The snowflakes were a big hit here too. Thanks All

sjb

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, »
+1, First year and I never thought I would be able to do this until I found DLA.

Steve

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, »
I tried without the radio shack tool and failed. Bought one today and will hive it a shot tomorrow. The snowflakes were a big hit here too. Thanks All

You might try solder wick too, but be careful as you can get the board too hot and delaminate traces.

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, »
My first year as well but not near what ya'll did!!  Work get getting in the way  >:D. Already know what next years show will be and ready to get busy!!
- Mark