Author Topic: DMX Stage Lighting  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
DMX Stage Lighting
« on: September 29, 2010, »
Can someone please recommend LED RGB Par lights or wall washers?  My youth ministry has a small stage and I would like to add some lighting.  I simply need to fill a white backdrop with color.

I was thinking of

Chauvet LED Techno Strobe RGB
Chauvet COLORpalette
Chauvet  SlimPARâ„¢ 56
Aether

Also, any suggestions on a standalone DMX control?  I could see us using a max of 6-8 LED lights each RGB.

I have been doing outdoor displays for years, but new to stage lighting.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Offline tpctech

Re: DMX Stage Lighting
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can someone please recommend LED RGB Par lights or wall washers?  My youth ministry has a small stage and I would like to add some lighting.  I simply need to fill a white backdrop with color.

I was thinking of

Chauvet LED Techno Strobe RGB
Chauvet COLORpalette
Chauvet  SlimPARâ„¢ 56
Aether

Also, any suggestions on a standalone DMX control?  I could see us using a max of 6-8 LED lights each RGB.

I have been doing outdoor displays for years, but new to stage lighting.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

As this borders on on a commercial question please PM me to discuss KEN

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, »
If you're under a time crunch, I think you'll find this company hard to beat for cheap, off the shelf RGB floods/spots.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mike E.

Offline sirwesley

• Sirwesley.com
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, »
I'm a DJ and I was actually brought into the XMas lighting world after using DMX lighting.  

I recommend a free DMX software program called Freestyler (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) to control your lighting that should work with whatever I/O device you have.  I use the Enttec Pro USB Dongle.

All my lighting is American DJ LED products, but I have been interested in the SlimPars from Chauvet as well.  
-Wesley
Winston Salem - NC