Author Topic: New recruit  (Read 713 times)

Offline rogerwh

New recruit
« on: December 05, 2010, »
Went last night to look at a display put up by family that taught my daughter in school and the son graduated with her.  One of the most impressive static displays I have seen with over 90,000 lights, electrical and sound cables buried and popping up at every shrub and tree.  A real clean set up. 

The son is in college (super smart kid) and get the feeling the the son especially doesn't have a great social life so they use the display to attract visitors and invite then to get out and walk around and listen to the music. 

We started talking animation and they mentioned how they had looked at LOR and a few other OIB products and just couldn't afford it.  So, I gave him an earful of the DLA site here and how you folks have some of the best equipment out there, it's a lot cheaper, and that you folks were in it for the enjoyment and not profit.  I promised to send him an e-mail with the link.

Well I forgot to do it with my own troubles last night and when I got home from church the kid had already left two messages trying to get the website.    I'm sure he'll be signing up soon.

There is a selfish motive in this  8) as I said the kid is very smart with some extra time on his hands and I have no doubt he will surpass me in no time and then I'll have a mentor for future troubles.

RJ & all - Thanks for all that you do. 

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: New recruit
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, »
Very Cool

A new neighbor was asking me yesterday about how I do my lights. So I am hoping he also joins DLA. Will be good to have someone else on my street with blinky flashy

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline castortiu

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, »
People have been asking me too.

We should have premade cards with the DLA site and logo in our wallet, so when someone asks we give the card ;)... what more professional than that?

RJ should print several thousand nice cards and we can buy from RJ and sending them with the next coop.

Cas.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
People have been asking me too.

We should have premade cards with the DLA site and logo in our wallet, so when someone asks we give the card ;)... what more professional than that?

RJ should print several thousand nice cards and we can buy from RJ and sending them with the next coop.

Cas.

Way ahead!

Had them printed about a year ago.  ;D

Been giving them out at minis I go to.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying