Author Topic: Cheap mans sign  (Read 987 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Cheap mans sign
« on: January 23, 2011, »
Thought i would give yall a laugh , this is my cheap way to do tune to sign its ok you can laugh but it does work.
Jeff

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: Cheap mans sign
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, »
Looks great to me.  Why would we get a laugh?  Tell me more on how you made it.  I assume it is coro with holes poked in it?  Did you have a pattern?  Did you drill the holes or use a ice pick?

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, »
I am just starting all this DIY stuff so it don,t always look professional. Anyhoo here is the list of material

1 20x30 foam board walmart $3.00
                               1 pack of sticker paper Staples
                               4 50 cnt red incans

in word printed letters and numbers on sticker paper and the put on foam board and used a white crayon and marked were I wanted the holes and used a punch and made holes ( went thru foam board real easy ) put in lights and hot glued some of the lights just for extra strength and help keep lights in. Thats it not overely complicated. BTW my 8 yr old little girl came up with the design we do this stuff together. we use the KISS method ( keep it simple stupid ) LOL 

Jeff

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, »
Looks great to me! Thanks for listing the BOM

Offline travailen

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, »
Great sign. Some times i think we take the easy way out. I did that for my "tune to" sign. I bought it pre punched.
Lineman's sign reminds me why the first three letters of this group is DIY.

Great Job. Thanks for posting the BOM.

Rick S

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, »
Jeff,
I think it looks great.
You always do good work.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline CB

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, »
Jeff,
That looks great, you and your daughter did an amazing job.  My ONLY suggestion would be to use coroplast in lieu of the foamboard only because it will last just that much longer.  You can normally buy coroplast at craft stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc) or from a local printer (the kind that construction companies use for printing our blueprints and stuff).

I actually use coroplast to make all kinds of decor that I put into my animations.  Things like musicians that move between two poses to look like they are playing along with the music or even talking.  I bring home a projector from work and use of all things MS Paint to make my pics then the projector to transfer them manually to the board with a pencil.  Then the coroplast boards already have 1/4" spacing lines from their construction so light spacing is a snap too.

Good work,

Corey