Author Topic: cg-1500 enclosures  (Read 2192 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
cg-1500 enclosures
« on: January 25, 2011, »
I just talked to a sales rep for the cg1500 enclosures and if we can buy as many as 500 at a time he would sell them to us for $9.50 a box plus shipping.. So I will need some feedback from everyone and from RJ on how to further this..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline Sabre03

Re: cg-1500 enclosures
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, »
would he drop ship them directly to us?  or would he ship them to you which would cost shipping, and then you ship them to us which would cost more shipping

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, »
I am trying to get him to direct ship them to the buyers as they are ordered providing we hit the amount desired. I will call him back today..

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, »
Just curious who you are working with?  Is it the manufacturer or a dealer?  There's discussion in this thread:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

regarding the enclosures.  I worked with DF Countryman to order 8 units at $10 per unit with shipping to cost about $4 each.  There's no requirement to purchase in quantity.  The key to your deal will be the shipping costs since the $0.50 savings could easily get eaten up by the shipping.  I'll be curious to hear what you find out regarding the shipping.

-Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, »
That's who I am dealing with..

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, »
I'll get on the link after I get off work .I have to call him this evening and let everyone know what he says..

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, »
Well, now I'm really curious what you find out.  Hard to see how their shipping costs will be any different in either case, but we'll see what Duke says.

-Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, »
yourbroadbanstore used to be local to me here, wonder if they have any surplus units left? 
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, »
each individual person will order the units directly thru DF Countryman Co. I will have nothing to do with it.  I just spoke with chuck baze and he just informed me that if we achieve 375 units as a whole (DLA) the price will still be $9.50 a unit plus shipping..

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, »
Well, today I paid $10 per unit plus shipping and my 8 units are on the way without waiting for a certain quantity to be reached.  I'm not losing sleep over the potential $4 I could have saved.

BTW, I'm not trying to be negative.  I really commend your effort at trying to get us a deal as part of a group buy.  That's what this forum is all about -- trying to help each other out. It just seems like the unit costs are so low and the margins so slim that even at quantity there's not much room for savings.

-Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, »
its all good.. just trying to save a buck where I can.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, »
Indeed, money saved in one place goes to more or better blinkies elsewhere. Kudos for taking the initiative on this.

As I mentioned in the other thread related to this, feel free to have DFC count my 8 units I ordered today from Duke against the group's total.

-Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, »
Thanks. just trying to do my part. I will keep your tab on hand. I'm going to talk to a blinky rep and see about discount on led's as well..

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, »
For the enclosures contact Chuck Baze at Toll Free:  (866)954-0443 or around San Antonio Local:  (210) 654-0443.. tell him you are with DLA. He's expecting you... ;D