Author Topic: that one problem neighbor  (Read 1691 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
that one problem neighbor
« on: May 01, 2011, »
My friend next to me and I are putting on our show as scheduled. The word has gotten back to us that there is one problem neighbor that doesn't like the fact that we are doing it.I think we may have to deal with this when the time comes. The one bright spot is that he put a for sale sign in his yard. But bill and I figured that ( just like the rock band Queen said ) The show must go on!!!!!
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: that one problem neighbor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, »
Lets not forget "Three Dog Night" also did "The Show Must Go On".  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Someone trying to cause trouble would put a damper on things.  They could complain about the traffic and say the transmitters are interfering with the TV and radio reception and make it hard on you guys.  I think most neighbors are like mine.  They love the show.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, »
Maybe I can construct a high wall with the help from lineman and all his pvc tricks...lol ( I'll need his bucket truck tho..)  lol ;D

Offline tng5737

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, »
Why not just go over and talk to the neighbor to see what it is that he objects to?   Perhaps, it can be easily resolved!

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, »
Well, its a nice idea if he were the type of person to reason with. I have been pretty nice to him and all I get is bad looks from him. Example, his mail was delivered to my house and i walk next door and knocked on his door, he answered it. I said here is your mail (name not important) and he closed the door. Not even an acknowledgment or a thanks.. So I have tried.

Offline Greg

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, »
Lets not forget "Three Dog Night" also did "The Show Must Go On".  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Someone trying to cause trouble would put a damper on things.  They could complain about the traffic and say the transmitters are interfering with the TV and radio reception and make it hard on you guys.  I think most neighbors are like mine.  They love the show.

Ron

Well, and then there is Pink Floyd, The Wall with "The Show Must Go On" who's lyrics go something like this:

Ooooh, Ma, Oooh Pa
Must the show go on?
Ooooh, Pa. Take me home
Ooooh, Ma. Let me go

There must be some mistake
I didn't mean to let them
Take away my soul.
Am I too old, is it too late?

Ooooh, Ma, Ooooh Pa,
Where has the feeling gone?
Ooooh, Ma, Ooooh Pa,
Will I remember the songs?
The show must go on.

;)

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, »
Well, its a nice idea if he were the type of person to reason with. I have been pretty nice to him and all I get is bad looks from him. Example, his mail was delivered to my house and i walk next door and knocked on his door, he answered it. I said here is your mail (name not important) and he closed the door. Not even an acknowledgment or a thanks.. So I have tried.
That is just wrong.

Offline ron d

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, »
Mr Waters played an amazing show last fall in Pittsburgh on The Wall Live tour. If you would like I will find a video clip of that song one of us took.

On another note, it would be funny to put a bunch more for sale signs in the Bad neighbors yard. Pay for a couple paper advertisements and if you build your own xmas site give folks info on where it is. Even put a commercial in your show between songs letting viewers know house for sale just down the street with great holiday spirit just down the way. The Elf could make you something great up!

Ron

Well, and then there is Pink Floyd, The Wall with "The Show Must Go On" who's lyrics go something like this:

Ooooh, Ma, Oooh Pa
Must the show go on?
Ooooh, Pa. Take me home
Ooooh, Ma. Let me go

There must be some mistake
I didn't mean to let them
Take away my soul.
Am I too old, is it too late?

Ooooh, Ma, Ooooh Pa,
Where has the feeling gone?
Ooooh, Ma, Ooooh Pa,
Will I remember the songs?
The show must go on.

;)

Greg

Offline Greg

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, »
Mr Waters played an amazing show last fall in Pittsburgh on The Wall Live tour. If you would like I will find a video clip of that song one of us took.

Ya know, I just couldn't get myself cranked up enough to let loose the cash to go to see Waters (even though The Wall was his creation ...though probably inspired by Syd's "condition") without David Gilmour.

Figured under the circumstance of no Gilmour, it would be a better return on my money to just buy more Christmas lights.

Greg

Offline ron d

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, »
getting off topic here but I actually put "time" in on new years eve and each night the following week. I had been saying i would the past couple years and it was pretty cool in the end. I have a very cool idea for this year from an idea i saw at waters.

Offline Greg

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, »
So, back on The Beef's original topic,  I learned a couple of years ago that one of the neighbors wasn't entirely happy with my music selections as they felt only very traditional Christmas music should be used.  Hard to find straight traditional with a good beat...  But, the following year I began using my efforts to raise money for charity and suddenly whatever music I wanted to use was fine with them.

Hopefully your neighbor will lighten up once they see the joy the kids get from watching the show.

Greg

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, »
I can only hope for the best.. Hope he likes my selection. Maybe I'll throw some ole blue eyes in there.( that's for us older ppl) lol..