Author Topic: This is a topic moved from another discussion- Projector used/keeping it dry  (Read 1571 times)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
I use a cheap projector from eBay. The projector is a LCD DG-737.

The projector is used under our carport and it not exposed to the elements. The carport is almost 3 cars wide.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
wow, that's a good buy, the lamps for those things are only $40!!!

i thought mine was cheap with $125 bulbs
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The projector is used under our carport and it not exposed to the elements. The carport is almost 3 cars wide.

How do you like it and what do you mainly use it for?  I know its not gonna be the greatest this but as long as it does what you expected then it's good to go.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
during his, show, the projector shines on part of the house, and shows video.

does that projector have the ability to swap left and right (like for when you're doing rear projection?)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline OkieJay

I use a projector in my Halloween show.  I hang a well ironed and very thin (aka cheap) sheet over a front window and project a Halloween scene on the back of it from inside the house.  I have a selection of Halloween screen savers that I use for the project.  From the outside it is very bright and clear as long as I keep the lights off in the projector room.  The whole thing works well, perhaps a little too well.  I have a curved sidewalk with bushes on each side that runs from my driveway to my front porch.  The kids walking to the porch sometime collide with the kids walking away since they are both looking at the window.  I have even had a few go into the bushes because they were watching the window. 

Offline holland lights

• holland lights

How do you like it and what do you mainly use it for?  I know its not gonna be the greatest this but as long as it does what you expected then it's good to go.
I like it pretty well, i just wanted a cheap projector to do the videos and not worry about ruining a expensive one.It is a pretty good projector for a cheap projector.I use the projector during halloween and christmas mainly. Or i could always have my own  outdoor movie theater during the off season, since i have the left and right speakers up also. Here is a link to my vimeo videos i have up right now. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, by holland lights »

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
during his, show, the projector shines on part of the house, and shows video.

does that projector have the ability to swap left and right (like for when you're doing rear projection?)
Yes its can do rear projection also, right now the projector is projecting upright and its mounted upside down.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
More info on the projector
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, »
Make sure to get the lcd version, as the led version i have no idea how brightt it is.

Inputs jack: HDMI, Y/PB/PR,S-VIDEO,VIDEO, VGA,AUDIO,TV(analog),compatible with DVI
Projection System    RGB LCD Projection System
Projection Schemes    Front/Suspension
LCD Panel    5" TFT LCD Panel
Resolution    Support 1080i/720i/576P/576i/480i,640*480(support 1024*768)
Brightness(PeakValue)    2000 Lumens
Contrast ratio    600 : 1
Lamp    150W
Colors    1.67 million
Aspect Ratio    4:3 or 16:9
Optical Lens    Manual focus
Projection Distance    1.76 – 5.51 meters
Image Size    50 – 150 inches (in Diagonal)
Interface    Video, Y/PB/PR, S-video, VGA, TV, HDMI
Video System    PAL /NTSC
Audio Output    2 built-in speakers, RCA ×2
TV Signal Input    75Ω Radio Frequency Signal Input (RF Input)
TV Signal System    PAL /NTSC/SECAM
Mechanical:    Dimension(excluding lens and feet) 320mm(Length) ×249mm(Width) ×95mm(Height)
Weight    4.3 kg
projector color    black (normally is Black, if you like Silver, please inform me)
Operating Temperature    5 – 35 ℃
Power Supply    AC 100V-140V or 200V - 240V at 50 /60HZ ( All kinds of power cords for all over the world.)
Power Consumption 220W
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, by holland lights »

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
I had snow piled on it last year. Dried the projector off, and the projector worked fine.