Author Topic: Dream Or Reality  (Read 1053 times)

Offline mmais68569

Dream Or Reality
« on: January 19, 2012, »
Was I dreaming or (wishing) or is it going to reality that there is a single controller coming out that will run a Dumb flex strip.
I hope it is real because I am wasting a lot of channels  because of getting close to the total AMPS on the DC boards.

Mike

Offline tbone321

Re: Dream Or Reality
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, »
RJ has made the claim that he is working on a dumb RGB string controller.  I don't see why that can't be adapted to dumb flex strips as well.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, »
With controllers out there that are $8 I wonder if there is much need to invent another? I was kind of hoping that RJ would because I would like to get some and the others out there need a special dongle to program the start channel that's $20. I would venture to guess that RJ would find an easier way to do this. Perhaps he can shed some light on this but I would almost guess we are going to have to wait until the academy or there will be no cool secrets for him to reveal there. <res.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, »
The issue, I believe, is that there are no PixelNet dumb string controllers out there and many of the existing ones are 5V controllers.  I am curious to see what options he will make available with these controllers.  As for when he will release them, I have no idea but I also look foward to see what new toy(s) he will reveal at the Academy.

Offline angus40

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, »
check here is a dumb strip-string controller

my first :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, »
Here is one Ray has on his site that works great easy to install & set address.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I am hoping RJ comes up with one just about like this.

Mike

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, »
That one looks good but as said before, it is a DMX ONLY controller.  Does it have termination capability?  I really wish that Ray would put links to some documentation for these controllers on his pages.  It's not so easy to return them to him if it doesn't do what you want or need.