Author Topic: Co-op shipping question  (Read 894 times)

Offline Lifeguard326

Co-op shipping question
« on: January 24, 2012, »
How long dose it usually take from the end of a co-op pay up message till the kits are shipped? 

Thanks, Tony
Acts non Verba

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: Co-op shipping question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

It's variable, as different coops have different parts, cases, etc.  You have to have everyone pay up, the manager order the parts, any back orders have to be filled, the actual kits put together, etc.

You can look at the closed coops section to get an idea on timing.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, »
There is really no way to answer that as there are way to many variables.  No parts are even ordered until all members pay so there is your first variable.  Then there are times when a vendor is either out of a part or two or runs out during the time the coop is running which can cause a further delay.  Some parts for some of the units are custom and also are not made until the coop closes for orders and the members pay.  We have no control on the time frame for these and delays by them mean delays oncompleting and shipping out the kits.  On top of that sometimes life gets in the way for the coop manager which can also delay the sortng and packing of the kits.  We have just has a transformer coop and I had the parts in about a week after paying and I have been in coops that have taken over a month.  It really depnds on what the coop is for, who is managing it, and the availability of the parts (including custom work).
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, »
And the etherdongle coop took several months.  Work on other stuff while anxiously wait.  There is much to do - sequencing, bulding props, planning for your electrical connections, sequencing, checking that you have enough outlets and extension cords, testing your FM transmitter, and did I mention sequencing.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, »
Dont forget sequencing Jim :)
Sebastian from California

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, »
this same question was recently asked
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline angus40

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, »
and asked ... and asked  .....and asked ...... oh  and don't forget sequencing. <la.. <la..

Offline Lifeguard326

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, »
Thanks for the combined wisdom guys.
Acts non Verba

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks for the combined wisdom guys.

Thats ok ask again if you want to. We all had to learn it. At some point we asked, We just have forgot when we asked the same questions. With all the new people here you likely just answered it for 30 people and do not know it, because you were not afraid to ask.  That is why everyone should be made to feel confortable here. 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying