Author Topic: Heatshrink tubing size?  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: Heatshrink tubing size?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I bought this heat gun from MPJA and its awesome ... very hot ... have to be careful to not turn it up too high.

As a more convient tool to use and does a great job on heat shrink I use what is called a Embosser heat gun.

These are available at craft stores, online and do not take up a lot of room on your bench. They heat up quick and do not have to worry about tipping over and grabbing a hot object.
Been using one for 4 years now.

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dudehenry3

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, »
Dielectric grease is another great tool to use for wet locations like Florida.
"Where ever you are going... Never take an Idiot with you, as you can always find one when you get there’’

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, »
Dielectric grease is another great tool to use for wet locations like Florida.

A lot of people do this when working on boats instead of using the heatshrink with the glue in it since it is a lot cheaper. I have done lots of repairs on friends boats and I have never had any complaints using this method all though I would prefer to use the adhesive lined stuff.

Rich

Offline dr. jones

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, »
Just a bump to get some feedback. If I have 4 wires coming off of a dumb RGB strip, and would like to solder a waterproof 4-pin connector onto it, can I use non-waterproof tubing for the 4 individual wires, and then a single larger piece of waterproof/adhesived to go over thatas sheathing? Or is that overkill?

Thanks.

-Greg
If you use an adhesive shrink tube,  Just shrink the individual wires after you solder them. You are going to want to allow the adhesive to flow and fill every void.
or you can use adhesive crimp splices - something like these You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login