Author Topic: Looking for “Rope Light” (Red Green Blue) Incandescent  (Read 763 times)

Offline rfallatt

Help Please...
I asked this on other boards, but I suppose some people don’t look at multiple forums. Does anyone know where I can get simple 3 color (RGB) incandescent rope lighting (I think it is called 4 wire) in bulk (I need 300 feet total, but I will be dividing it up into about 20ft sections). I want to be able to control each color.
I think/hope each section would be controllable by a simple 4 channel SSR.
I searched the web and all I could find is LED 50M spool for 549.99 (Too much!)
I know I have seen them before. I really don’t want RGB nodes or LED, I want a "rope light" with 3 color incandescent lights running the length, one Red, one Green, one blue, and repeat, separately controllable.

Offline meman

I've looked through a lot of lighting websites over the past few years and have never seen the beast you describe. Most folks just roll their own "superstrings" out of incans. One string of each color and twist them together, then secure with a few tiny tie wraps. If you have to have them in a tube for some reason, I suppose you might be able to fish them into some clear 1" tubing. Good Luck!

Mike E.

Offline tbone321

Christmas Lights Ect sells it here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They also have the accessories to be able to cut and terminate it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving