Author Topic: PCB's in the store  (Read 1688 times)

sjb

PCB's in the store
« on: March 14, 2012, »
Is the quantities of the available PCB's up to date?
If a person was to order one that states they are out of stock, would their name be put on a waiting list?
Just not sure if this is the case or not.

Steve

Offline tbone321

Re: PCB's in the store
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, »
The store quantities are up to date.  I'm not sure if the store will maintain backorders or not as the store is fairly new.  Once a coop runs for the item that you want the store is usually restocked with that board.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

sjb

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The store quantities are up to date.  I'm not sure if the store will maintain backorders or not as the store is fairly new.  Once a coop runs for the item that you want the store is usually restocked with that board.

That's what I thought, but with 2 coop's for express boards should there not be some available?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, »
I believe the boatds are not available until the coops make it to the finished coops area.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, »
Normally that's the case but there were some issues with the last batch of boards so perhaps RJ pulled them until he has time to check them.  The demand for Express's during the last two coops was exceptionally high and the last coop filled up within hours so it could also be possible that they have already sold out again. 

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, »
i meant the 2nd coop for the express is still "current" so no boards available to buy just yet
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, »
That coop looks complete to me.  All of the order are in and all of the kits have shipped.  What exactly is current about it now?

Offline Penfold

• Brownsville, TX
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, »
I think what Chrisatpsu was saying was that the 2nd Coop for the expresses is still in the "Current Coops" section in the forum and it probably needs to be moved over to the "Finished Coops" section of the forum.
♪Chicken go cluck, cluck
Cow go moo
Piggy go *snort* *snort*
how bout you?  ♪

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think what Chrisatpsu was saying was that the 2nd Coop for the expresses is still in the "Current Coops" section in the forum and it probably needs to be moved over to the "Finished Coops" section of the forum.

There are some members that have not received them yet, and not everyone has had time to check or build them.

This is not the only factor that controls what PCB’s are available in the store.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, »
Once again, that makes little sense.  The primary reason for withholding the boards was to prevent people who missed the coop from just buying boards and ordering parts during the payment and ordering phase of the coop they missed.  This could possibly causing backorders on coop parts which would delay the coop completion and be unfair to he coop members.  I can understand and agree with holding them back until all the parts ship and if you want an added measure of security for missing or incorrect parts to wait until the kits are sorted but anything beyond that is just unfair to the rest of the DLA members, especialy as the decorating season(s) get close.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, »
Tom your free to your opinion, but you do not know what is going on and your posts sometimes read as you do leading people to incorrect conclusions.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

sjb

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, »
Sorry, I was not trying to stir anything up. I asked this, for an example the DMX dongle shows 19 in stock for US customers and 5 for non US customers. Now this is the same board weather you live in the US or not and I thought I recalled that when the store opened it was stated that the non-US section was just a different pricing for shipping. So is the correct number of PCB for the Dongle 19 or 5 or is it 24 in total?

RJ, I am not trying to have a hornets nest go off. I am just trying to understand if it says out of stock in "outside of US", but it says in stock on the US section can they be ordered in the "outside of US" and you would still fill the order?

Thanks

Steve

Offline angus40

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, »
The boards are 1 and the same as far as dmx goes , however quantaties and so forth can only be answered by Rj

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, »
Don't worry guys still plenty of time for more coops and boards to get before the season starts and even before summer begins.  RJ is just making sure everything will be ran as smoothly as possible. He is aware of the growing number of members and is definitely taking everything into consideration when planing fixes, he talking to admin and coop managers.  So please be patient.  Look what he did to get the last E-dongle coop finished.  He did all the SMT stuff himself.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, by Rod R »

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, »
All of us Noob's are over anxious.  This has been such a Godsend from not having to purchase the controllers from some of the companies out there.  RJ should get a commission check from every one of us for the amount of savings we have gotten.

Three months in to the year and I feel like Halloween/Christmas will be here before I'm ready.

>.d9
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."