Author Topic: RGB matrix programming  (Read 2010 times)

Offline ItsMeBobO

RGB matrix programming
« on: July 01, 2012, »
Was not sure where to post this so I am starting here.  I have been working on several RGB programming tools for a while which are now mostly settled and stable. 
They work with the concept of 'virtual strings'  to rearrange an RGB string into different patterns.   At the current time this generates LOR SE sequences only.   It is not limited to LOR hardware and can sequence all arrangements of RGB which are controlled by LOR SE.

There is no charge for the software which can be downloaded here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A few explanation videos.  Other videos on the download page.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Your questions and comments are invited.

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: RGB matrix programming
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, »
Thanks for posting. This is potentiall some useful utilities.

One comment though, I noted that the volume level on these two videos that I watched have fairly low volume.
ParadiseBobOFull.wmv and PapagayoTechnical.wmv

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, »
Is any of this compatible with Lynx or standard DMX512?
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ItsMeBobO

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, »
Sorry about the long delay in responding to you question.    This program generates config files and clipboard files for LOR SE.    DMX lights can be controlled by LOR.   But I think you are asking if the output can be used in other sequencer programs which it can not.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
RGB matrix programming
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, »
Not familiar with LOR SE. Is this just the standard sequencer?  If so you can use xLights to send the output file to pixel net. 

Several users do this. Personally I use LSP and LOR and run my display on xLights.

LSP can also import standard LOR files.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, »
If you import the file to LOR and save it, you should then be able to lor2vix to get the sequence into Vixen.  LSP also imports LOR files so I suspect that there are more than one way to skin the cat so to speak.  I have not tried this software, but I have converted many LOR files to try in vixen without a problem.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, »
I haven't taken the plunge on RGB yet. It's sort of like PC shopping, knowing that it will only get better if you hold off on buying-- RGB lighting is the same... hold off because there will always be something better to make programming the mind boggling number of channels easier.

Well, my official excuse for no RGB is a 3 month old baby... the first 8 hour stretch of uninterrupted Christmas light time in 6 months was yesterday when the wife and baby were out and about. It's amazing how therapeutic and stress relieving this hobby is.  :)