Author Topic: cant get vixen to run a schedule  (Read 814 times)

Offline grumpy2076

cant get vixen to run a schedule
« on: October 17, 2012, »
got all me songs sequenced, now im trying to set up the scheduler and when i hit play in stops and i get this,,

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. Execution has been stopped.

and when i close that box this ones right under it,

Enttec dmx usb pro:
(router - startup )
Access to the port 'com4' is denied.

then nothing works i have to shut everything domn and start it up to play a sequence , any help with this would be great. <md.. <rtt..
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline thestig

Re: cant get vixen to run a schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, »
I would use xlights scheduler. It is super simple and very very reliable. If you are just using a usb open dmx dongle then setup should be a breeze.

I have not used the vixen scheduler and currently run both vixen and lor sequences through xlights.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, »
I agree with thestig to use xLights but

To use Vixen scheduler make sure you use a profile for your channels
don't change the cross fade value, it needs to be 0

Did you change anything that would change the channel count?

When you get a access port denied. It means Vixen retried to open the port. Normally a reboot of the computer is needed. Its a known problem with Vixen.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, »
I have used the Vixen scheduler for years without problem so it does work.  However error messages are not the most enlightening and can be very frustrating.  I always have one profile I use when sequencing and in the the scheduler I always specify to use that profile as opposed to using the option that says use the profile that is in every sequence. 

Once you get a failure in vixen related to a comport error you will always have to close and restart vixen - that is not just a scheduler issue.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA